My Predictions for Joomla in 2010
As the year ends rather than look backwards at what has happened in the past it's time to look forward to what will happen in the coming year.
I made such a hash of last years predictions that I hope this year I will do a lot better by stating the obvious instead of stating what I dreamed of whilst recovering from days of indulging myself on beer, food and cookies.
Here are my Top 10 Predictions for 2010 (in no particular order).
- A free of cost Joomla extension becomes a commercial Joomla extension (in 2009 we saw sh404SEF and AEC becoming commercial.)
- A template club or extension developer will be caught out being inspired by one of their competitors and claim it was all an innocent mistake.
- "J and Beyond" is the place to be at the end of May for good old fashioned Joomla fun, learning and sharing.
- A blogger or two will compare Drupal and Joomla.
- The selected partner for the new demo site withdraws after mass complaints on intrusive advertising, instability and broken promises.
- Drupal and Joomla confirm the many, many rumours, that for the last 2 years their work has been funded by google, with the launch of Joopal a Google managed and hosted CMS platform.
- Open Source Matters will have two new board members and Elin Waring will still be the president.
- Brad will finally convince all web hosts that "register globals on" and not running suPHP is evil.
- Joomla 1.6 will be released on 1st April.
- Whoever said a Top 10 list should have ten items.
Now how can I go wrong with a list like this....... see you in 365 days to find out.
Happy New Year!!