As the year ends rather than look backwards at what has happened in the past it's time to look forward to what will happen in the coming year.
I made such a hash of last years predictions that I hope this year I will do a lot better by stating the obvious instead of stating what I dreamed of whilst recovering from days of indulging myself on beer, food and cookies.
Here are my Top 10 Predictions for 2010 (in no particular order).
- A free of cost Joomla extension becomes a commercial Joomla extension (in 2009 we saw sh404SEF and AEC becoming commercial.)
- A template club or extension developer will be caught out being inspired by one of their competitors and claim it was all an innocent mistake.
- "J and Beyond" is the place to be at the end of May for good old fashioned Joomla fun, learning and sharing.
- A blogger or two will compare Drupal and Joomla.
- The selected partner for the new demo site withdraws after mass complaints on intrusive advertising, instability and broken promises.
- Drupal and Joomla confirm the many, many rumours, that for the last 2 years their work has been funded by google, with the launch of Joopal a Google managed and hosted CMS platform.
- Open Source Matters will have two new board members and Elin Waring will still be the president.
- Brad will finally convince all web hosts that "register globals on" and not running suPHP is evil.
- Joomla 1.6 will be released on 1st April.
- Whoever said a Top 10 list should have ten items.
Now how can I go wrong with a list like this....... see you in 365 days to find out.
Happy New Year!!