Ten things to make a successful blog
So you've seen this blog and others like it and think you can do it yourself? Well it's not that easy and I regularly fail but I thought in the spirit of openness and transparency that I should share my top ten tips to creating a successful blog.
If you follow these ten tips you are well on the way to creating a blog as successful as many others that you see online.
- Put the Date on all posts it protects you from looking more stupid than you already are when the post becomes irrelevant.
- Create an infographic - every site must have at least one meaningless infographic.
- Take free stuff, repackage it and offer it as a freebie in exchange for an email address.
- Compare your favourite software to its competitors. You are guaranteed to make mistakes and create controversy (and traffic).
- Write a title that has absolutely nothing to do with the content but is designed to attract readers.
- Find a great post on another web site, change a few words (optional) and post it as your own.
- Break up your posts with irrelevant adverts. It will annoy your readers and won’t earn you any money but you will at least look like the major news and blog sites.
- Spell checking and proof-reading are optional. Your readers, especially the ones who are not native english speakers, will love the opportunity to correct you.
- Don’t bother with having comments. You don’t really care if people agree or disagree so don’t pretend that you do.
- A top ten list.